Talking about "The Battlefield" for 6th edition in the new video. Last nights game used the rulebook for setting up the terrain, and it really made the game turn out phenominal. The terrain became an active participant in the battle, as I was attempting to open up the terrain for firing lanes, and my opponent was attempting to block my firing field of fire and cover his backfield.

Of note, I was using proxied Aegis Defense Lines, and the autocannon dreads were my Quad Guns. I expect my Aegis Defense Lines to show up within the next week or so.

We also rolled pretty high on the amount of terrain for the game, but it was a ton of fun as we actively tried to out wit each other with the terrain placement.

Knowing the Mission and deployment before even setting down your first fortification, added a whole new layer to the game. I would really like to see people using the rules to set up the terrain from a pool set aside, and would even love to see it done in a tournament setting (with each table having its pool of terrain at the end of the table to choose from).
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...