I posted this list some 5-6 months ago, and it recently came to the forefront of my thinking. I discovered about 60 more infantry I hadn't remembered having while organizing my models. Unopened boxes of guard infantry. So I started putting some more together with the intention of fielding this list. I think I am still a little short, but hey, win a single tournament or spend less than $100 whichever comes first. I think I'm about 60 guys short now.

This list is based off of the books by Dan Abnett. Massed infantry pushing forward in a massive wave. If you've read the books you know how cool of an image it put into your head. War on a massive scale only found in the 41st millennium. Anyhow, here is the list for those of you that are new to reading here, meanwhile I am putting more infantry together.

RIP Duty. Massed Infantry Assault. Retraining, Indoctrination, and Punishment detail
2500 Pts

Total model count 353.

1 Lord Commissar @ 80 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Refractor Field; Bolt Pistol; Power Weapon; Aura of Discipline; Independent Character; Summary Execution; Stubborn)

4 Infantry Platoons @ 605pts
4 Platoon Command Squad (Unit Type: Infantry; Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x4; Lasgun x4)
1 Platoon Commander (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon; Junior Officer)

3x9 Infantry Squad (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x9; Flak Armour; Lasgun x8; Krak Grenades; Meltagun x1; Commissar; Combined Squad)
1 Commissar (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol; Krak Grenades; Power Weapon; Summary Execution; Stubborn)
1 Sergeant (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Laspistol; Krak Grenades; Power Weapon)

50 Conscripts Squad (Close Combat Weapon x50; Flak Armour; Lasgun x50)

Basically, we have so many troops, objectives should not be a problem. All the infantry squads have commissars and should be put together so that they are 4x33 men with 6 power weapons, 3 commissars, 33 krak grenades and 3 melta guns. The Commissar Lord should be placed to support and help the 200 conscripts with leadership. Platoon commands are there simply to give orders.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...